We’re always looking for new ways to use stamps, especially when we’re feeling crafty around the holidays. After enhancing cards and envelopes, we decided to use our stamps to create one-of-a-kind stamped wood ornaments to cherish year after year!
Ordering a stamp online with RubberStamps.com is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Sort through our wide selection of holiday stamps, and start decorating!
- Colorbox ink pads
- Holiday stamps
- White paint / paint brush
- Wooden ornaments (we found ours at Michaels Stores)
- Coat the wooden ornaments with white paint and let them dry. A clean palette helps the stamp impression and glitter stand out. However, if you’re in favor of a more rustic look, you can definitely leave the ornament as is.
- Stamp your impression directly on the ornament with the ink color of your choice.
- Immediately cover the wet ink with glitter, then shake off the excess. You can try matching the glitter to the ink, or white glitter works with any color while still allowing the ink to show through.
Here’s a peek at the ornaments we cooked up for this year’s tree.
First Christmas as Mr. & Mrs.
Our Married First Christmas Stamp will make any newlywed couple smile. The “2016” cupid’s arrow definitely adds a romantic touch. When you’re done making ornaments, the stamp works great for those wedding thank yous.
Custom Snowflake Gift Tag
When you make an ornament with our Custom Snowflake Tag Stamp, it not only looks great on the tree, but is also a unique gift tag on all your holiday gifts.
Custom Merry Christmas Year
Many families have the tradition of adding a new ornament to the tree every year, and this Custom Merry Christmas Year Stamp would make for a lovely addition. The design features an evergreen tree surrounded by woodland creatures, and allows you to personalize your name and year.
Baby’s First Christmas
Give your little one a sentimental gift from the year of their birth with a custom DIY ornament. Our Baby’s First Christmas Stamp features a deer family (mom, dad and baby!) for a tranquil vibe. Add a little glitter, and the end product is magical.