There seems to be a national day for just about everything from National Pet Lovers Day to National Science Fiction Day, and even days dedicated to celebrating chocolate and rubber duckies. Today just so happens to be National Clean Off Your Desk Day, and as odd as it sounds to some, a clean work space can do wonders for your productivity and sense of serenity. Having your work space uncluttered, organized, refreshed and clean will help you work more efficiently. Do you really need all that junk and mess on your desk? If the answer is no, take the opportunity to do a little tidying!
Here at RubberStamps.com, we have compiled a list of five ways you can celebrate this productive holiday.
- Clean and dust off your desk. Dust builds up over time, and when you think of how many things we come in contact with every day and how many supplies are floating around the office, it is surprising we don’t take the time to dust and wipe down our workspace more often.
- Organize the digital clutter – Organize your computer desktop and get rid of what you don’t need.
- Install bulletin boards and shelves on the walls around your desk to keep your work area free of unnecessary papers.
- Control the cords – With all of our electronics, cords can become messy and tangled. Take the time to get rid of the ones you don’t use and tidy the cords that are permanently plugged in around your desk.
- Get Re:Marks by ExcelMark! Why have so many different stamps taking up space on your desk? Give yourself a break with Re:Marks, the personalized designer address stamp that has an interchangeable die plate that allows you to use one mount for all your stamping needs. Go from cluttered to clean with Re:Marks!